HEALTH & REHAB FACILITY
Welcome to the facility page for Columbine Commons Health and Rehab! We are a 30-bed facility that provides the care the community has come to expect from Columbine Health Systems facility in a brand new, state-of-the-art building.
We are centrally located on Main Street in Windsor, CO, with next door access to a physician, lab and x-ray clinic. We are also in close proximity to all four of the major hospitals in the area: Northern Colorado Medical Center, Medical Center of the Rockies, Poudre Valley Hospital, and McKee Medical Center.
We have 30 modern, fully-furnished, private rooms, each complete with a full lift system, individual heating and cooling unit, private bathroom with a shower, and a closet.
Our size makes us a very unique and intimate facility; each of our staff members gets to know each of our residents extremely well. Our Columbine Commons Assisted Living is attached to accommodate our rehab residents in transition, or to provide rehabilitation for our assisted living residents.
One of the things that make Columbine Commons Health and Rehab so special is the art that is exhibited throughout our building. We have modern photography from Vic Schendel, and more classic pieces, such as LeRoy Neimenn originals and even an original painting by Tony Curtis!
1475 Main Street
Windsor, Colorado 80550
- All private rooms
- 24 Hour Skilled Nursing
- Rehabilitation Services
- Physical Therapy - Occupational Therapy - Speech/Language Pathology
- Electric lift system in every room
- Physical and Occupational Therapy gym
- All electric beds
- Phone and Cable TV
- Conference room for family use
- Numerous lounge areas
- Activity room
- Private dining room for family events
- Whirlpool tubs
- Shower Cabinet
- Beauty/Barber shop
- Outdoor patios and landscaped areas
- Transportation to medical appointments and scheduled activities
- NURSING CARE
- Nursing care is provided by Registered Nurses (R.N.), Licensed Practical Nurses (L.P.N.), and Certified Nursing Assistants (C.N.A.). Skilled nursing care is provided, including medication administration, laboratory work, intravenous therapy, treatment of specific skin issues, tube feedings, and unstable medical conditions. Assistance in activities of daily living is provided, including bathing, dressing, mobility, and eating.
- Our Medical Director oversees the physician services for compliance with regulations and appropriateness of services provided. It is the responsibility
of the resident/responsible party to obtain a Primary Care Physician who must visit the resident at regular intervals at Columbine Commons Health & Rehab Facility.
- NURSE PRACTITIONER
- A nurse practitioner is a Registered Nurse who has advanced education and clinical training in a health care specialty area. They work in collaboration with the resident’s physician to treat medical issues. The nurse practitioner has the authority to prescribe medications.
- RESTORATIVE NURSING
- Our Restorative Nursing program fills the niche between active therapy and normal assistance provided during care by nursing staff. This program is designed for residents needing a functional therapy skill, but not requiring the daily skills of a licensed therapist. Restorative Aides perform maintenance programs developed by licensed therapists and nurses including ambulation, range of motion, exercises, dressing, hygiene, hearing aid use, and restorative dining.
- PHYSICAL THERAPY
- Our Physical Therapy program is directed by licensed Physical Therapists and may include gait, transfer and balance training, wheelchair positioning and mobility, therapeutic exercise, prosthetic and orthotic training, manual and soft tissue mobilization, modalities for pain control, patient and family education, and home assessments.
- SPEECH / LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY
- Our Speech/Language Pathologist may provide assistance in eating skills, cognitive training, swallowing, expressive language, receptive language, speech, voice training, aural rehabilitation, alternative communication systems, and memory strategies training.
- OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
- The Occupational Therapy program is directed by registered Occupational Therapists. Assessment and training in activities of daily living, including grooming, dressing, toileting, shower training, self feeding, upper extremity strengthening, fine motor skills training, hand splinting, safety awareness training, energy conservation and work simplification skills, home safety assessments, patient and family education and assistance with discharge planning.
- NUTRITION SERVICES
- Special diets such as No Concentrated Sweets, No Added Salt, and Renal Diets may be provided. A variety of consistencies are also available including Ground Meat, Pureed, and Finger Food. A Registered Dietician oversees the resident’s daily dietary needs and requirements.
- The Activities Department at Columbine Commons Health & Rehab Facility determines the interests and needs of residents and their families to design
a comprehensive activities program which will support residents interests as well as enhance their physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs.
Regular activities may include: news, discussions, exercise, gardening, community outings, movies, church services, birthday parties, games, and musical performances. One-on-one visits from activity staff may also be provided. Family and friends are invited and encouraged to attend all activities. A monthly event calendar is provided to each resident.
- RESIDENT SERVICES
- Our Resident Services staff acts as an advocate for residents. They coordinate individual care plan meetings and assists with psychosocial needs. Resident Services also completes the discharge planning process. This may include gathering information regarding needs in order to return home from our nurses, therapists, residents and family members. Services for a return to home may include home health agencies, medical equipment and supplies, meals-on-wheels, and other services.